2018 City of Colton Christmas Events
Colton Chamber of Commerce
44th Annual Christmas Parade & Christmas in the Park
Saturday, December 8, 2018
For more information on the Colton Christmas Parade, contact the Colton Chamber of Commerce at (909) 825-2222 or call Neli (Executive Director) at (951) 742-0000.
Download 2018 Christmas Parade Application (.pdf)
Download 2018 Christmas Sponsorship Letter (.pdf)
Applications must be TYPEWRITTEN or PRINTED and SIGNED and turned in by November 29, 2018. Entry Fee is $30 and is due when applications are turned in. After November 29th a late fee will be charged of $10.
Form of payment will be accepted either by cash, check or money order and made payable to Colton Chamber of Commerce.
All Entries MUST comply with this year’s parade theme: “The Colton Christmas Light Parade.”
Check-In Time / Line-Up Time
All parade entries are to arrive beginning 3:00 p.m. in order to check-in and receive parade route, line assignment, etc.
Check-in will be at corner of La Cadena/Rialto Groups and individuals may be dropped off in the parking lot. By 4:00 p.m. all cars must be removed from the parking lot or vehicles will be cited. All Parade Entries must be lined up by 5:00 p.m.
All parade entries are to begin lining up no earlier than 3:00 p.m. immediately after receiving their line assignment and parade route. All assignments will be completed by 4:30 p.m.
Late Parade arrivals must contact Neli Gutierrez at (951) 742-0000 prior to checking in. We do not guarantee Parade access to late arrivals.
NO PARADE ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED TO LINE UP WITHOUT NUMBER ASSIGNMENTS.
The Competitive Parade Categories include: Floats, Marching Groups, Bands, and Dance/Cheer Teams. The Awards will be announced and trophies will be awarded during Christmas in the Park at 8:00 p.m. at Fleming Park.
Rules and Regulations
- Applications must be complete, with signature of a responsible party. The signature acknowledges the applicant’s liability for damages.
- Participants must comply with all applicable City, County and State laws.
- The Colton Chamber of Commerce and/or the City of Colton are not responsible for theft or damage to your property.
- No persons participating shall state, imply or otherwise suggest that the Christmas Events Planning Committee, the Colton Chamber of Commerce, or the City of Colton sponsors or supports the views of their organization.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in any areas – Parade drop off, route, park, etc. Participants in the Colton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Events shall always maintain professional dress, conduct and public decorum.
- No person shall deface or otherwise abuse buildings, plants or other facilities. All participants shall reimburse property owners, the Colton Chamber of Commerce and/or the City of Colton for any costs relating directly to their activity. This includes damage to landscaping, street fixtures, electrical outlets, churches, park facilities, storefronts, etc.
- The Colton Chamber of Commerce’s Christmas Events Planning Committee will assign parade entries. Parade entries will be pre-assigned and re-assignments will not occur. Special requests, needs, etc., must be listed on Parade Application – Events Planning Committee will attempt to oblige; however, there is no guarantee and re-assignments will not occur on the day of the Parade.
- Parade entries/participants shall not interfere, verbally or physically, with the activities of other SPECIAL EVENT participants. All questions and/or complaints should be directed to the Colton Chamber of Commerce, Neli Gutierrez, Executive Director, 655 North La Cadena Drive, Colton, CA 92324, (909) 825-2222.
- All participants shall comply with all of the above rules. Noncompliance, including offensive conduct, may result in immediate revocation of the right to participation in any future SPECIAL EVENT within the City of Colton. The Colton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Events Planning Committee reserves the right to refuse participation to any applicant. Special Event rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
- Absolutely NO Santa’s allowed
- No Confetti
- All Floats must have AT MINIMUM one 5 pound ABC fire extinguisher
- No Candy Throwing – for safety purposes
- No horns or sirens
- No Open Flames in the parade