2017 City of Colton Christmas Events
Colton Tree Lighting Ceremony
November 30, 2017, 5:30 p.m.
Colton City Hall
Colton Chamber of Commerce
43rd Annual Christmas Parade & Christmas in the Park
"Santa Loves the Red, White and Blue"
Saturday, December 9, 2017
535 North La Cadena Drive
Colton, CA 92324
Christmas in the Park begins with the annual Chamber of Commerce Christmas Parade which steps off at 10:00 a.m.
Afterwards, get a kick out of the live entertainment, food, fun zone and craft vendors and plenty of Christmas Spirit at Fleming Park.
For more information on the Colton Christmas Parade, contact the Colton Chamber of Commerce at (909) 825-2222 or call Neli (Executive Director) at (951) 742-0000.
Download 2017 Christmas Parade Application (.pdf)
Download 2017 Christmas Parade Sponsor Letter (.pdf)
Applications must be TYPEWRITTEN or PRINTED and SIGNED and turned in by December 1, 2017. Entry Fee is $30 and is due when applications are turned in.
NOTE: All Entries MUST comply with this year’s parade theme: “Santa loves the Red, White and Blue.”
Check-In Time/ Line-Up Time
All parade entries are to arrive beginning 8:00 a.m. in order to check-in and receive parade route, line assignment, etc.
Check-in will be at La Carreta Groups and individuals may be dropped off in the parking lot. By 9:00 a.m. all cars must be removed from the parking lot or vehicles will be cited. All Parade Entries must be lined up by 9:00 a.m.
All parade entries are to begin lining up no earlier than 8:00 a.m. immediately after receiving their line assignment and parade route. All assignments will be completed by 9:00 a.m.
Late Parade arrivals must contact Neli Gutierrez prior to checking in. We do not guarantee Parade access to late arrivals.
NOTE: NO PARADE ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED TO LINE UP WITHOUT NUMBER ASSIGNMENTS.
Parade Pick-Up Location
All parade participants may be picked up at Fleming Park, no later than 2:00 p.m.
The Competitive Parade Categories include: Floats, Marching Groups, Bands, and Dance/Cheer Teams. The Awards will be announced and trophies will be awarded during Christmas in the Park at 1:00 p.m. at Fleming Park.
Rules and Regulations
- Applications must be complete, with signature of a responsible party. The signature acknowledges the applicant’s liability for damages.
- Participants must comply with all applicable City, County and State laws.
- The Colton Chamber of Commerce and/or the City of Colton are not responsible for theft or damage to your property.
- No persons participating shall state, imply or otherwise suggest that the Christmas Events Planning Committee, the Colton Chamber of Commerce, or the City of Colton sponsors or supports the views of their organization.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in any areas – Parade drop off, route, park, etc. Participants in the Colton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Events shall always maintain professional dress, conduct and public decorum.
- No person shall deface or otherwise abuse buildings, plants or other facilities. All participants shall reimburse property owners, the Colton Chamber of Commerce and/or the City of Colton for any costs relating directly to their activity. This includes damage to landscaping, street fixtures, electrical outlets, churches, park facilities, storefronts, etc.
- The Colton Chamber of Commerce’s Christmas Events Planning Committee will assign parade entries. Parade entries will be pre-assigned and re-assignments will not occur. Special requests, needs, etc., must be listed on Parade Application – Events Planning Committee will attempt to oblige; however, there is no guarantee and re-assignments will not occur on the day of the Parade.
- Parade entries/participants shall not interfere, verbally or physically, with the activities of other SPECIAL EVENT participants. All questions and/or complaints should be directed to the Colton Chamber of Commerce, Neli Gutierrez, Executive Director, 655 North La Cadena Drive, Colton, CA 92324, (909) 825-2222 or cell (951) 742-0000.
- All participants shall comply with all of the above rules. Noncompliance, including offensive conduct, may result in immediate revocation of the right to participation in any future SPECIAL EVENT within the City of Colton. The Colton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Events Planning Committee reserves the right to refuse participation to any applicant. Special Event rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.